2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope everyone has a LOVELY day! 


I found some hilarious science-inspired Valentine's Day cards yesterday. These are the only Valentine's I ever want to receive: 








Ahh. Happy Valentine's Day! I wrote this on Facebook a bit earlier, but I might as well share it here too... 


Today is not about buying chocolates or expensive things for your significant other. If that's what you think, then i feel sorry for you. To me, it's a great opportunity to let those around me know i love them. So, instead of bitching about this "hallmark holiday", why don't you take advantage of it and make someone in your life feel special for a day? It doesn't have to cost you any money. Just let someone know that you're thinking of them today. I bet even the blackest heart would appreciate it.


I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. 


Also, I know I promised a better picture of the fancy party shoes, and some pictures of recent artwork and jewelry, and I've been slacking. But here ya go...


First, I'll start off with those shoes. I have found it is VERY difficult to take a photo with the crap camera I have that does them any justice. They really are the cutest shoes ever. But I mainly wanted to show you how much more sparkly they look after drying overnight. I know it's still not the greatest quality but I think they look more sparkly than they did in the pictures from the tutorial: 




Here are some adorable rings that I made the other day. I have more, but these are my two favorites... 


Glitter Heart Ring (perfect for wearing today!): 



And, of course, I had to make this adorable dinosaur ring. I love it!!:





I also re-worked several of my own necklaces and made a few new ones. Here are the results:
















Also, I made some cute wall art! 








The last painting with the Dr. Who reference was made as part of a birthday gift for Shane. My favorite part is the tiny Tardis that I painted on the bottom. :)


And here are some of the more recent items that I've added to my shop:


Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing

Go To Etsy Listing




So, ladies and gents, that's what I've been up to for the last couple weeks, craft-wise. Stay tuned tomorrow for Witty Wednesday! Wittier and Wednesday-er than ever!


xoxo, 
Meagan





No comments:

Post a Comment